Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Wednesday 12 September 2007

The Grampians



I've been making a quilt during our yearly camping holidays since late last century. It's just a simple hexagon quilt in really bright fabrics. I collect fabrics while I'm on holiday whenever I can. I even managed to buy a couple of fat quarters in Tiboburra in far West NSW which was really surprising as at the time there was only one general store.

So far the quilt has travelled to national parks all over Qld., N.S.W., S.A. & Vic. We have just returned from a camping trip to The Grampians in Victoria. I didn't manage to get a lot of quilting done but decided it's time to start including the quilt in the holiday photos. Here it is watching the billy boil. I've also included a scenic shot looking down on the town of Halls Gap.

The Grampians are well worth a trip, if camping isn't your thing there is plenty of accomodation in Halls Gap. The bush fires (Jan 2006) really took their toll but the scenery is still magnificent.
Great bushwalks.

No comments: