Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Monday 22 October 2007

Chrysalis


I am a member of the N.S.W. Quilters' Guild. This year their annual challenge theme was - Looking Forward, Looking Back. I entered and was thrilled to be announced the winner with my entry - Chrysalis.
My interpretation of the theme is the life cycle of a butterfly with the Chrysalis being the stage where in my imagination the butterfly has time to reflect on its past life as a caterpillar and anticipate a more rewarding life as a butterfly.
The quilt is machine raw edge appliqued and machine quilted. The Chrysalis is heavily embellished with organza, angelina fibres and foils.
Even my husband who often thinks my quilts are just quilts! gave this quilt his tick of approval.
View the other quilts in the challenge by going to the guild's web site www.quiltersguildnsw.com

No comments: