Amanda Daly

Amanda Daly
I've been passionately working with fabric for more than 25 years . . . relax with me as you read about my life and my quilts

Tuesday 22 June 2010

What a great show



I was proud to have been awarded a judges commendation for both of my entries in the Quilters' Guild of NSW annual show at Darling Harbour last week.

Dragonfly Dance has now been added to my workshop list and is one of a series of quilts featuring dragonflys, butterflies and lizards. I've been experimenting with positive negative designs for a year or two now and love them.

The Lizard of Oz is a further exploration of my fascination for reptiles and the colours of Australia. It was designed with the Fibonacci Number Sequence as a design aid and it will also soon be on my workshop list as one of the quilts offered when Fibonacci is requested as the main workshop topic.

I had a wonderful time at the show, buying heaps of felted wool for a future project and a pile of other miscellaneous goodies.

I had to hold back just a little so that I can buy more stuff next Sunday at the Textile Art Festival in Brisbane.

No comments: